I have really been trying to cut back on my make up purchases since the middle of last year. I took stock of all the things that I had and what I could live without buying for a while. I think I’ve done pretty well in that all my purchases are well thought out – no impulse buying – and properly budgeted.
In November, I purchased a few things at the Department Store. SM was having a big beauty sale so I took the opportunity to stock up on my favorites and try new things
- Maybelline Fashion Brow 3D Brow and Nose Palette in Dark Brown
- Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder (I bought two of these)
- Nichido Pressed Powder in Amber (my current favorite under-the-eye setting powder)
- Pond’s x Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Lipstick in the shade No Make Up Look (free gift with purchase)
I also purchased a big container of the Pond’s Flawless White Dewy Rose Gel (not in the photo) because this is my favorite moisturizer at the moment and my sister bought the Flawless White BB Cream so we I got the No Make Up Look lipstick as a gift. HA! I love free gifts with purchase.
Sometime mid-November, I pre-ordered two Australian contour kits from Luxe Beaute Diaries. It arrived mid- December (around December 18-20, I would say). I got:
- Models Prefer Contour Palette
- Australis AC on Tour Contouring and Highlighting Kit – Light Complexion
At around the same time, I also bought a travel eyeshadow palette and a beautiful pink blush:
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mini (so cute and handy -just about the size of a credit card)
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Radiance Blush in Blushing Pink (gorgeous packaging)
Around December, I received an email from BeautyMNL that their MeNow Kissproof Lipsticks were back in stock. I have been seeing a lot of rave reviews about the MeNow Liquid Lipsticks and the MeNow Lip Pencils that I just had to order a few shades to try. They also had a promotion at that time where they were offering a FGWP (free gift with purchase) and a lipstick sharpener if you purchase 2 lipsticks. I got:
- MeNow Kiss Proof Soft Lipstick in # 003 (deep plum)
- MeNow Kiss Proof Soft Lipstick in # 005 (nude)
- MeNow Kiss Proof Soft Lipstick in # 009 (mauve-pink)
- MeNow Kiss Proof Soft Lipstick in # 013 (red)
- MeNow Kiss Proof Lipstick Sharpener (free if you purchase 2 or more MeNow Lipsticks)
- Lancome Advance Genefique Youth Activating Serum (free gift with purchase)
My birthday is in December so I received a couple of make up gifts as well.
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Lickable (thanks BB!)
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Heroine (thanks BB!)
- WNW Megaslicks Balm Stain in Rico Mauve (Thanks CI!)
And finally, my first beauty purchase of the year are two nail polishes from Maybelline.
- Maybelline ColorShow Nail Polish in Constant Candy
- Maybelline ColorShow Nail Polish in Coral Craze
So those are the new things I collected since November and while it does seem like a lot, I was pretty good at controlling myself especially in December when all the beautiful holiday kits were released!!! The stuff I got from the drugstore were basics/essentials and the more expensive items were well thought out and not merely impulse buys. The only impulse buys from this list are the MeNow lipsticks ha ha ha! Watch this space for updates on the products I listed here, I will try to feature or review these soon.